Friday 19 February 2016

Soho St. : First choice for great buffet

Soho St. is one of the popular choice for corporate dine-out, organizational/community meet ups, team-out and of course birthday or anniversary parties.

I've visited this restaurant for couple of times in a year and half back. I just loved their food & drinks back then, but never got a chance to visit this restaurant for a long time in recent months. But when FBAB (Food Bloggers Association) arranged lunch meetup I was excited to revisit this restaurant. But, I got disappointed with food and drinks this time.


AMBIANCE: It appears like an invitation, well designed wall decals and great branding catches your eyes. Bar is ideally placed at the entrance, behind the bar it has dessert counter and it has wide spread of buffet arrangement in front of its huge kitchen. It also has a live kitchen at back entrance. It has a great seating capacity and can house any kind of crowd. What's interesting is you can feel it's environment as romantic or a crazy party floor or celebration venue or as discussion stage. It suits for everything.

SERVICE: I found nothing to complain nor to prise about. Stewards were attentive at the beginning and lost interest by end of our lunch session. Anyway, didn't felt that we were ignored. They were kind enough to suggest the drinks and usually within minutes drinks & food were arriving on table. Overall I can say service was good!




FOOD: Soho St. is one among those restaurants which makes customers to rise their eyebrows seeing wide buffet arrangement and the variety of food. Starters were really great and gave a good company to cocktails. Whether it's salt & pepper American corn or paneer pasande kebab or tandoori pineapple or dry babycorn one, each starter was too good!
Pav bhaji & other chat items were good, but they were not heated properly often, so it lost its freshness very soon.
In main course many curry were just good but I didn't felt it as awesome as my previous experience. Butter paneer did caught me. It was less spicy yet delightful... Just enjoyed that
single curry.
Then we began our trails with desserts. First thing caught my eyes was cold stone ice cream. A mixture of 3 flavors of ice cream with generous potion of caramel, chocolate chips & crackles will bring water in your mouth. It's taste was awesome. Along with that choco mousse was too good. But other than that almond cake was clear let down as it was bitter, some other jelly cakes were also below average. But I must admit that I'm really impressed by their desserts spread & great varieties!

DRINKS: Sadly this time drinks disappointed me deeply. At the beginning I ordered martini, but it had over dose of sugar. Toooo sweet so that I couldn't able to figure out other blended flavors at all. As per suggestion of a steward I ordered mint flavored mocktail by the end of main course, the drink tasted good but it was full of ice. It took forever to get melt. Hardly I took 4 sips out of it. It should me named as "Mint Gola" not mint mocktail. In general I tasted other cocktails & mocktails but nothing tasted good apart from 1 or 2 which were just above average. Hope management will take care of this issue because last time when I visited this restaurant I loved some of the drinks. But this time I felt sorry for drinks quality.

EVERYTHING ELSE: Parking wouldn't be a problem; kitchen, dining area and bar are hygienic.

FINAL VERDICT: Though they offer good variety of drinks with awesome spread of food, I would like to stick to beer next time. Recommended for all kind of occasions for its great ambiance!

BAKASURA RATING :
3.5 / 5

FIND IT ON ZOMATO
Soho St. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

EXPERT VIEWS:
More Coming Soon...

Event Organized by :                 

GALLERY
The Front Look












No comments:

Post a Comment