Thursday 4 February 2016

Rasta S02 E01 : A Wonderful Culinary Journey through Multiple Cuisine

By looks this restaurant has a stand-out appeal. We travelled almost from one end to another end of the city for a lunch meet up, and this restaurant worth it. Warm service, great food & a fantastic company made my day! In my views this restaurant is like a treasure needed to be explored more.


AMBIANCE: This Restaurant cum Pub cum Cafe has spread across in 3 floor. Ground floor has quite nice cafe type of ambiance, first floor has a smoking zone, equipped with a decent bar & beer tap. Some of the corners on first floor are shady and offers a perfect space for couples. Kitchen is located next to the bar and they have succeeded to keep their food secrets behind the doors. Seating capacity is good and scientific. It can house any kind of crowd easily at any point of time.


FOOD: Some of the dishes they served here were strangely new to me. So, before writing this review, I made a fair search about those dishes on internet to know its origin, cooking method and ingredients. Because some food can not be judged in an Indian view! Here is my experience about the food;

Zucchini Fritters: It was one of my favourite dish which I use to grill by myself during defence family meet up in Chennai. But these people made me to realize the real side of its taste. It was perfectly grilled and topped with spicy salsa. Just loved the way it was presented. I really appreciate their innovative idea to serve it with salsa.





Veg Rissole: By looks it was very close to Fried Mozzarella and this was the first time I tasted this dish. It was truly delightful. I'm a big fan of deep fry dishes and I kept experiencing every bite deeply & slowly. Finely chopped Fresh vegetables packed in a soft layer of cheese and fried it to the perfect point. Wow! Just mesmerizing!





Veg Vol-Au-Vents: At the beginning they served Prawn Vol-Au-Vents which was quite attractive, later upon request they made Veg Vol-Au-Vents for us veggies. To be honest it was average. The filling should have been more and they should have choose more vegetables or corn. Though I tasted it for the first time, I felt something is missing and finally when I did a research on it I figured it out. They should have used some ghee to the bread surrounding Vol-Au-Vent, it would have delivered a great taste to the bread without disturbing the filling.





Spaghetti Pesto Pasta: It was served as a main course, though I'm not a big fan of spaghetti, I liked this dish. Although it wasn't tangy, it justified over all taste.






Caramel Fruit Cup: It was served as a desert, attractively chopped fresh fruits with generous portion of various syrups in a semi transparent caramel bowl was eye catchy in deed. But the choice of fruits were very limited, I would appreciate if they include more fruits. Caramel bowl was bit high on sweetness but yet a good desert.





Belgium Chocolate Brownie: This was totally awesome, I'm running out of words to describe its wonderful taste. It was totally unexpected and I still wonder how come a pub can serve such a great desert. I ended up stealing brownie from others plate while they were busy in posing to camera! Just loved it!





Lemon Based Mocktail:
In between I asked our host Mr.Vikram to get me a best mocktail, he got me a lemon flavour based mocktail (I forgot the exact name). It was out standing. On a first sip itself it refreshed my mind. I'm really thankful to Vikram for such a great mocktail.







SERVICE: Our host & the manager Mr. Vikram was very generous person and took a good care in every aspects. He explained the food every time as and when it arrived on our table, he suggested genuinely and very open for the suggestions. Servers were very attentive and their service was warm.

EVERYTHING ELSE: Textured plates might seem like its not clean, but don't worry its just an illusion. Wash area was not clean and it was stinking. Dining area on second floor is quite open towards a dumping area which has resulted in flies swarming in and around restaurant. Management has to take care of pest control and other above said things seriously. Parking wouldn't be a problem.

FINAL VERDICT: A great and casual like place to hangout with your friends. Don't expect rich ambiance, it is just the way as it should be.

BAKASURA RATING:
4.0 / 5

FIND IT ON ZOMATO
Rasta S02E01 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


EXPERT VIEWS:
Naveen Suresh, Food Blogger
Event Organized by:      

GALLERY






No comments:

Post a Comment