Sunday 17 January 2016

Wanna Taste Elixir? : Brahmins Coffee Bar

Writing a blog is a big step in my food journey, when I look back I feel Brahmins coffee bar has played an important role in turning me as a taste passionate person. So, I dedicate my first post on Brahmins by reviewing it.

AMBIANCE: At first look it doesn’t looks like a legendary eating place, but once you stand in que to pay you will definitely realize! It doesn’t have any seating option; maximum space of this place is occupied by the kitchen & serving area. Dining area can house a moderate crowd. You can find separate chutney counter near the exit corner which is first of its kind in Bengaluru. Over all ambiance is basic but hygiene has been maintained well.

SERVICE: In the beginning service might look like slightly arrogant but due to the factor that they have to manage huge crowd all the time their service level is acceptable. But once you are a regular visitor to this place, people of restaurant will recognize you and serve you with a great smile. Since its self service restaurant you can’t even expect more.

FOOD: In my views its an iconic place for food lovers. Their quality of taste has remained constant from many generations. Their key dishes are Idli, vada, upma / Uppittu, kesaribath.
Definition of Idli must have been derived from Brahmins. Its soft, fluffy and tasty. I wonder how they manage to keep the taste of idli constant in all weather conditions.
Vada they serve here must be a role model for other south Indian restaurants. Ingredients will be perfect all the time and crispiness will surely leave you craving for more.
Uppittu & Kesaribath or chow chow bath are another fantastic things comes out of this legendary kitchen. Both are perfect.
Chutney: The main attraction of this place. Every time I close my eyes, free my mind before tasting this chutney. Because nothing in this world should come in between me and my Brahmin’s chutney (not even any thoughts). Its such a perfect blend of spices that nobody can duplicate its taste. (Believe me, I have tried many times to make such chutney by altering ingredients, but I failed). I call it as elixir as nothing till date tasted so good in my life.

EVERYTHING ELSE: Parking could be difficult during the peak hours, but you can park in parallel roads. If you plan to visit this place on weekend beware, because its closes on every Sunday.

FINAL VERDICT: Brahmins Coffee Bar is an integral part of Basavangudi History, whats make it more prominent is its consistency over decades. I highly recommend this place! Visit to know how real idli tastes like.






BAKASUR RATING:
5 / 5

FIND IT ON ZOMATO
Brahmin's Coffee Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


EXPERT VIEWS:

---NONE---

No comments:

Post a Comment