Wednesday 16 November 2016

True Italian Pizza in a cool roof top ambience : Onesta, New BEL Road

Onesta, one of the pizza place which was in my bucket list since I read the blog of  Navneeth Thimmappa (Life On Plates)  on Onesta, Koramangala Branch. But whenever I use to visit Koramangala, due to one or other reason I was missing to dine-in this restaurant. But when I heard Onesta has opened a new branch in New BEL Road which is just a few KMs away from my home, I couldn't able to resist and with in a week of its opening I visited this restaurant for dinner.



Honestly, I felt bit odd with my dining experience as I didn't knew they are running promotional trail. When the steward cleared me that its a free trail at the end, my whole odd experience got justified.

LOCATION: This restaurant is located above Mc.Donalds on the New BEL Road, it can be easily missed out from fast moving vehicle as the major branding has been done on third floor. Google Maps can help you to locate this place easily.

AMBIENCE

Its kind of Hybrid ambience, the front face of the restaurant gives a roof top dining experience and the inner part of the restaurant resembles a fine-dine setup with air conditioning. They have a open kitchen setup for baking the pizza at the outer dining area with a true Italian architecture and they have a bakery kind of setup in the inner dining area which houses desserts and starters. Overall ambience is refreshing, they have decorated the whole place with hanging flower pots, vibrant coloured windows and a country style cycle at the entrance.
We got the corner seat on the outdoor dining area which has a perfect view of New BEL Road. Table was quite small and they had stacked 2 comic books along with the cutlers. Being a comic fan I loved this concept and I hope they change them with new editions regularly. If so, I'll be a patron for this restaurant. 

SERVICE

Since they were running promotional trail, the service appeared quite straight forward. Instead of giving menu, steward dictated the menu and asked to choose 2 out of 4 veg pizzas and 2 drinks out of 4. The drinks arrived bit slowly, as we were not in hurry I didn't wanted to complain. But the steward was kind enough to replace the green apple drink when I complained that it was heavy on sweet side. Pizza were served at the right time and the steward didn't interrupted too much by suggestions which I liked the most.

DRINKS
Orange Mint Cooler

We ordered Orange Mint Cooler and Green Apple Cooler. As I mentioned earlier the Green Apple Cooler was too sweet, when steward wanted my opinion on drinks I honestly told about the problem. After he replaced it with another one, it tasted good. But, I wish Green Apple Cooler must had strong essence of Green Apple. On the other hand Orange Mint Cooler was perfect and refreshing. The texture of this drink was so tempting. I just loved this drink.

PIZZA
Farmhouse Pizza

We choose Farm House and Mexican Veg Delight, they served small pizza’s on a wooden pan. Farmhouse tasted good but I felt like they should work on quantity of topping. But the ingredients definitely succeeded in appealing my taste buds. Especially the crispy crunchy baby corn, lightly added bell peppers, roughly chopped onions and of course fresh black olives. 
Mexican Veg Delight tasted more awesome than the Farmhouse, cheese used in it was too good and the toppings were fresh. The quantity of toppings in this pizza was good. Main attraction of this pizza was cherry tomatoes which satisfied both eyes and taste buds. Along with the cherry Tomato it had capsicum, onion and tiny bits of red chili backed up with Tabasco sauce to give a perfect spicy twist. 



EVERYTHING ELSE: They do offer valet parking and two wheeler parking could be difficult as there is no parking place nearby. Hygiene has been maintained very well in every part of the restaurant. Seating is quite comfortable but it's not meant for long conversations. 




FINAL VERDICT: A perfect pizza place with true Italian origin and a great ambience. I definitely recommend this place for a great dining experience especially on a rainy evening. 

BAKASURA RATING
4.0 / 5

FIND IT ON ZOMATO

Onesta Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

GALLERY








Green Apple Cooler


















Mexican Veg Delight







2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Finally a place near to my home! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete