Thursday 24 March 2016

Underdoggs Sports Bar, JP Nagar : Where sports celebrated as a lifestyle!

"Sports has the power to change the world. It has the power to Inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. Sports can awaken hope."
-Nelson Mandela


Few months ago I was discussing casually with my friends about best hangout places around Jayanagar & JP Nagar. Someone came up with the name "Underdoggs" and he told the its a Sports Themed bar and lounge. But when I got an opportunity to visit this place on last weekend I realized that its not a Sports "themed" bar, Sports itself is soul of this place.

Located on the outer ring road of JP Nagar which connects Puttenahalli to Delmia Circle in the same building which houses Kesariya. I don't know why they even have a lift facility to their floor, they should encourage their guests to be more sportive and make them climb all the way till second floor. (Its just my view & Yes! I too used lift)


AMBIANCE: Behind the all metal door on the second floor there is an entirely different world awaits to welcome you. Being a hard core sports lover I fell in love with the ambiance at the first glance itself. First thing you notice in this place is the beautiful work on the wall decals. Whether its illuminated time line, or the collection of headlines of major sports events, or the portrait of legends, or the collection of autographs and jerseys. Everything succeeds in transforming you into a sports enthusiastic.
It has two floors, the lower deck serves as a casual hangout place with some really interesting indoor games like table soccer / fuzz ball, table tennis/ping pong, billiards, etc. Lower deck houses a decent bar counter and a small stage opposite to it for hosting live music & small programs.
While the lower deck serves as best hangout place for singles and group of friends, on the other hand upper deck serves as a fine dine area for family crowd. The upper deck also has a billiard table and a small dart alley. You can find creativity in every bit of this place a cricket helmet hanging over the table emitting dim incandescent light is one of them.
This sports bar could be great place for watching live sports events. It has multiple high resolution screens in every corner of its property. It can screen multiple sports events live at once. I'm really glad that such an iconic place is just in few kilometres away from my place.

EVENT : I was invited as a part of bloggers meetup organized by Underdoggs itself, though I reached late, I was able to participate in some games. As soon as I entered this place and before saying hello to my blogger friends I was dragged into the beer pong game. And in the first attempt itself I made my opponent to down a glass of beer (thanks to my expertise is countryside game Lagori!) Later, along with fellow foodies we explored the place and played some more games. By 8PM lights got dim and music started to gain pace turning the whole environment into cheering mode. Couple of drinks and shots with friends made the evening more memorable.

FOOD: I'm so glad to find that some of their signature dishes are veg. The overall quality of food was really great and presentation was brilliant.

Garlic Lovers Pizza

Pizzas : They have limited collection of pizza, yet each pizza I tasted was too good. First Makhani Pizza came in my way; amount of ingredients in the pizza were fair and they appeared fresh. I felt they could have added more sausage.
Garlic Lover's Pizza: Perfect name to tempt a garlic lover like me, this pizza was none like others I had in recent times. Moderate garlic taste with right amount of spiciness just mesmerized me. Lovely!


Naan Rolls
Stadium Bites: Its a wacky name for their after appetizer collection which had Tandoori Dimsums and Naan Rolls. Both dishes were result of quite an out of the box kitchen experiment. Naan Rolls was their much promoted signature dish and to be frank it was more tastier than they claimed! Spicy Paneer gravy on perfectly roasted naan has tempted me by its presentation itself. And when I tasted it, felt like some angel has blessed upon me. Naan Rolls is a must try dish in here.
Tandoori Dimsum was equally awesome, the vegetables used in its stuff was cooked perfectly and the dimsum itself was well steamed. Overall this dish appeared perfect!


DRINKS:
They have some exotic collections of mocktails and cocktails. Every named every drink after a legendary sports personalities. Some how you can relate the taste of those drinks either with the sports or with the personality itself. After trying one drink you just can't avoid yourself by exploring all their collection.

I was welcomed with Robin Van Berry Mocktail, it was more like a fruit punch and was on lighter side. However not bad if you are starting your evening with this drink. The presentation of this drink was really good.
Mary Kom Cooler: True to its name, every sip of this drink felt like a punch to me. Moderately spicy and strong on the appetite. Since I'm a spicy lover, I enjoyed this drink with Tabasco Sauce.
Litchi Kamakazi and Cinnamon Whiskey were two shots which you will surely enjoy if you have a group of friends. Both shots were quite perfect and added a little extra booze to our evening.
Gayle's Rum Runner and Xavi Basil Pina are the two drinks which I was not able try as I was running late, But both drinks looked very attractive. I love to visit this place soon to try those two drinks.
Rum Gulab Jamoon & Ice

DESSERT: If you think desserts comes with risk of catching cold, think again! Their signature dessert Rum Gulab Jamun with ice cream will surely changes your opinion about the dessert. At the first bite I felt like a strong war between ice and fire is happening in my throat. Ah! that wonderful feel, its going to stay in my memory for a long long time. The concept of serving Gulab Jamoon and Ice Cream with Rum is definitely out of the box. 

EVERYTHING ELSE: Parking would not be a problem and they do offer valet parking. Hygiene has been maintained all over the place. The only issue I figured out was with air-conditioning. It was too hot near the bar area.

FINAL VERDICT: In my views Underdoggs helps you to bring out the talents in you which you have forgotten and its a well known fact that sports brings the people together, who knows you might get a best friend for rest of your life while cheering for India with a beer. Its a different world which offers a different kind of experience.

BAKASURA RATING
4.0 / 5

FIND IT ON ZOMATO
Underdoggs Sports Bar & Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

EXPERT VIEWS:
Nameesh N Rajamane, Food & Lifestyle Blogger

Invited by :                            .





GALLERY















































No comments:

Post a Comment